How to save over R11,000 on a refurbished HP Workstation Computer.

Web Direct South Africa marketing at webdirect.co.za
Tue Jan 13 13:46:02 SAST 2009

We have often been asked by customers what they can expect to save by buying
a refurbished computer, so we decided to do a comparison.

We took the CHEAPEST NEW HP workstation computer available, and compared it
to what we can offer on a refurbished HP Workstation

See below tables for a direct comparison

NEW

REFURBISHED

Part Number

PW431EA

PD749AW#ABA

Processor

Opteron 1216 2.4GHZ

Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz

Memory

1GB DDR2-667 ECC

512MB DDR2-533 ECC

Hard Drive

250GB SATA/300 7200RPM

80GB SATA/150 7200RPM

Optical Drive

DVDRW SATA

DVD-Reader (DVD-ROM)

Graphics

ATI X1250 Integrated

GeForce 7300LE 128M

Operating System

MS Vista / XP Professional

MS Windows XP Professional

Warranty

3 Year HP

6 Month Web Direct

Price

R13,499.00 incl VAT

R2,395.00 incl VAT

YOU SAVE R11,104.00

Then we decided to upgrade the optical drive to DVDRW and memory to 1GB to
match the new offering, see table below for upgraded price.

NEW

UPGRADED REFURBISHED

Part Number

PW431EA

PD749AW#ABA

Processor

Opteron 1216 2.4GHZ

Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz

Memory

1GB DDR2-667 ECC

1GB DDR2-533 ECC

Hard Drive

250GB SATA/300 7200RPM

80GB SATA/150 7200RPM

Optical Drive

DVDRW SATA

NEW DVDRW SATA

Graphics

ATI X1250 Integrated

GeForce 7300LE 128M

Operating System

MS Vista / XP Professional

MS Windows XP Professional

Warranty

3 Year HP

6 Month Web Direct

Price

R13,499.00 incl VAT

R2,895.00 incl VAT

YOU SAVE R10,604.00

While we were at it we decided to add a 250GB hard disk drive, giving a
total of 330GB of storage

NEW

UPGRADED REFURBISHED

Part Number

PW431EA

PD749AW#ABA

Processor

Opteron 1216 2.4GHZ

Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz

Memory

1GB DDR2-667 ECC

1GB DDR2-533 ECC

Hard Drive

250GB SATA/300 7200RPM

80GB SATA + NEW 250GB SATA

Optical Drive

DVDRW SATA

DVDRW SATA

Graphics

ATI X1250 Integrated

GeForce 7300LE 128M

Operating System

MS Vista / XP Professional

MS Windows XP Professional

Warranty

3 Year HP

6 Month Web Direct

Price

R13,499.00 incl VAT

R3,595.00 incl VAT

YOU SAVE R9,904.00

For more information or to place an order, click
<mailto:sales at webdirect.co.za?subject=HP%20Workstation%20Enquiry>  here

We are committed to giving you the best price on any new or refurbished
laptop or desktop computer, simply email us the make and model and let us do
the rest.

Prices include VAT.
Delivery is for customers account - Main Centres @ R150 and regions @
R195.00. (add R100 surcharge on PC with monitor)
Stock is subject to prior sale.
Prices quoted are strictly cash, EFT or direct deposit.
Warranty - all refurbished laptops and desktops are covered by a 6 month Web
Direct carry in warranty and a 7 day money back guarantee, laptop batteries
are excluded - guaranteed to hold charge, life will vary.
E.&O.E

Our records indicate we have permission to send email to this address.
Should you no longer wish to receive correspondence from Web Direct,
send a blank email to webdirect-leave at bm-01.vm.gam.co.za
<http://www.webdirect.co.za/custom.aspx?id=2> .

 Note that Web Direct never sells, rents, or shares your email address.

Web Direct, MLT House, 2c Park Road, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001

Tel: (021)426 0652   Fax: (021)426 0059